Introduction to Robotics
This course is suitable for Elementary and Middle school students. Classes will be separated for Elementary kids and Middle school kids due to difference in age and level of understanding.
Beginner: In this course we are going to build and explore many aspects of Robotics. This includes, different kind of mechanical drives, the Robotic vehicle architecture and Robot end effectors. The topics covered include:
- Basic introduction to Robotics – Architecture of a Robot and different uses of Robot,
- Mechanical Drives : Gears, Chain-Sprocket and Pulley
- Single motor bi-directional, actively and Deferentially steered Robots
- End-Effectors for robots
- Task and Process planning with Robots.
Robotics Advance Systems:In this course we wil learn advanced principles of Robotics
- Learn the principles of industrial Robotics.
- Build architectures including Scara, Articulated and Cartesian Robots
- Build ATV Vehicles
- Build and program for Robots to Work in collaborative fashion
Course will cover:
Intro to EV3 programming
Kids enrolling in this class will understand the basic concepts to be able to self-direct and build robots and attachments and compete at the entry level in the First Lego League/FTC and other local and national robotics leagues.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 8
- Assessments Yes